Thai Hot Stem Therapy
Who would benefit from Thai Hot Stem Massage?
• Clients looking for general relaxation treatments
• Clients wanting to detox/purge impurities from their body
• Clients with joint pain, stiffness, discomfort
• Clients who do not have any sensitivities to fragrance, herbs, or heat Thai Hot Stem Massage is a form of massage that has drawn various components of other modalities to create a soothing, purifying, and rejuvenating treatment. Among the therapies included are components of Swedish, Thai, Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, Shiatsu massage as well as acupressure and lymphatic drainage.
Each treatment involves herbal or coconut stems, in addition to massage techniques. In Thailand, the stems are used in treatments for aches, pains, to relieve inflammation and bruising as well as a soothing treatment for underlying connective tissue. The deep moist heat produced by the steamed stems is highly effective when dealing with deep-seated muscle tension and the aromatherapy offered by the herbs is a wonderful way to encourage relaxation and promote the healing process. The cotton covering and the oils produced by the herbs offer an additional advantage of exfoliating, cleansing, and improving the skin.
PLEASE READ BELOW.
Who should not come in for a Thai Hot Stem Massage?
• Pregnant women (or any woman who may be pregnant, or trying to become pregnant)
• Breastfeeding women
• Clients with uncontrolled high blood pressure
• Clients who are advised against going through a detox/cleansing routine
• Clients with heat sensitivities
• Clients with environmental sensitivities or sensitivities to strong fragrances
The ingredients of the stems include Plai (a member of the ginger family), Tumeric, Lemongrass, Kaffir Lime (Peel and leaves), Sweet Flag/Cinnamon Sedge, Tamarind (Leaves), Pandanus (Leaves), Stromboli (Leaves), Somsiel (Leaves), Jung, Wannangkam, Camphor, Wansaolong, and Eucalyptus.